You will learn the practical skills needed by ﬁrst aiders in most workplaces to become a conﬁdent ﬁrst aider at work.
• Aims and priorities of ﬁrst aid and how to deal with an emergency
• HSE regulations, including ﬁrst aid kits and recording of incidents and accidents
• Casualty assessment
• Recovery position, practical resuscitation - CPR
• Choking and other airway complications
• External and internal bleeding major and minor
• Eyes, ears and nose injuries, fracture management, muscles and joint injuries
• Head and spinal injuries
• How to recognise to deal with shock, anaphylactic shock and electric shock
• Burns and scalds
• Heart conditions and stroke
• Understanding and usage of an Automated External Deﬁbrillator (AED)
• Written and practical assessments.
Anyone wishing to become a competent ﬁrst aider in the workplace
Please follow the links below to open our booking pages where you can see additional information and reserve your place. You can narrow the search by selecting your region or filtering by date.
Whilst no course dates are currently available, new dates are added all the time. Please submit your details in order to be notified of the next selection of dates.