CPD Points: 5
This course will identify what makes an effective Designated Safeguarding Leader (DSL). You will reﬂect on past serious case reviews and how these have inﬂuenced changes in legislation. You will identify how to support your team, families and children through difficult referrals. You will learn how to challenge practice, ensuring the best outcomes for children.
• Discussion surrounding DSL roles and responsibilities
• Legislation and guidance for child protection and the safeguarding of children and young people
• Contemporary safeguarding issues and practices including the Prevent duty & Female genital mutilation (FGM)
• Referral to Local Authorities
•Vulnerabilities to abuse
• Multi-agency working – including case study analysis
Senior staff who have the responsibility for child protection and safeguarding of children and young people.
Please follow the links below to open our booking pages where you can see additional information and reserve your place. You can narrow the search by selecting your region or filtering by date.
Whilst no course dates are currently available, new dates are added all the time. Please submit your details in order to be notified of the next selection of dates.