When working with children, communication is at the heart of your work, and a big part of that role is speaking with parents. Whether these conversations are planned or take place without warning, they can be challenging if the subject matter is sensitive and emotions run high.
It is natural to worry about how to approach a difficult conversation. This course will help to alleviate these concerns with case studies, interactive scenarios, informative videos and quizzes, all designed to prepare you in advance for even the most challenging of discussions with parents.
• What we mean by ‘difficult conversations’
• Challenging topics, including SEM
• Techniques to use when talking with parents, how to actively listen and be empathetic
• What to say and do if a parent or a situation becomes aggressive
• How to prepare for and hold a difficult meeting
Conversations with parents won’t always be easy. But through your learning, you will develop the skills, self-belief and knowledge to approach any and all difficult conversations with confidence.