Explore the importance of early communication skills and how you can support this in your setting. Why do we use verbal and non-verbal communication, how do our bodies help us do this, and why are these skills are so important in early childhood development? Created by expert early years educators, this course will help you to use play as a teaching aid, plug ‘word gaps’, encourage children with communication difficulties, and support all children to thrive in your setting.
- What we mean by “communication”
- Why communication is important
- The Communication Pyramid
- How communication develops in babies and young children
- How communication links with the EYFS
- Ways to support children’s communication development