Being two can be extremely exciting, fun, interesting, scary, confusing and frustrating all at the same time. This course will give you an insight into understanding the unique needs of a two year old child and how as a parent or professional you can support their learning and development in the setting or home.
You will develop knowledge and understanding of the world of a two year old through their eyes and explore ideas and opportunities on how to support children through this fascinating phase in their development.
• Understanding the unique needs of two year olds and what it’s like to be two
• Using the curriculum guidance to understand the typical stages of development, characteristics of learning and how to use these to support your two year olds
• The importance and relevance of the two year checks within the EYFS (England and Wales only)
• Understanding the importance of smooth transitions
• Use of resources and the environment to challenge and interest children to promote learning
• The importance of relationships in children’s learning and in promoting your two year olds well-being.