This Blended Course is designed to be completed partially online using e-resources and partially (7 hours only) in a classroom setting. We also offer a course that provides the complete classroom approach.
What will I learn?
You will learn the practical skills needed by ﬁrst aiders in most workplaces to become a conﬁdent ﬁrst aider at work.
Aims and priorities of ﬁrst aid and how to deal with an emergency:
• HSE regulations, including ﬁrst aid kits and recording of incidents and accidents
• Casualty assessment
• Recovery position, practical resuscitation - CPR
• Choking and other airway complications
• External and internal bleeding major and minor
• Eyes, ears and nose injuries, fracture management, muscles and joint injuries
• Head and spinal injuries
• How to recognise to deal with shock, anaphylactic shock and electric shock
• Burns and scalds
• Heart conditions and stroke
• Understanding and usage of an Automated External Deﬁbrillator (AED)
• Written and practical assessments.
Who should attend this course?
Anyone wishing to become a competent ﬁrst aider in the workplace.
As a requirement of this course you will be expected to undertake the blended/online aspect of this course before you attend the practical session at our venue. You will access and undertake this on our elearning platform - of which log in details and how to access the course will be sent to participants, via email once booking has been confirmed.