You will learn the role and responsibilities of a Paediatric First Aider. This course is designed to be completed partially online using e-resources and partially in a classroom setting. We also offer a course that provides the complete classroom approach.
• Principles and priorities of ﬁrst aid and how to deal with an emergency and casualty assessment
• Recovery position and resuscitation
• Choking and other breathing disorders
• Anaphylactic shock
• Auto injector pen training
• Treatment and control of bleeding
• Nose, ear and eye injuries
• Recognise how to deal with shock
• Head injuries
• Fractures, dislocations and soft tissue injuries
• Burns and scalds
• Bites and Stings
• Febrile convulsions, seizures
• Meningitis and sudden illness
As a requirement of this course you will be expected to undertake the blended/online aspect of this course before you attend the practical session at our venue. You will access and undertake this on our elearning platform - of which log in details and how to access the course will be sent to participants, via email once booking has been confirmed.