You will learn the practical skills needed by ﬁrst aiders in most workplaces to become a conﬁdent ﬁrst aider at work.
Aims and priorities of ﬁrst aid and how to deal with an emergency
• HSE regulations, including ﬁrst aid kits and recording of incidents and accidents
• Casualty assessment
• Recovery position, practical resuscitation - CPR
• Choking and other airway complications
• External and internal bleeding major and minor
• Eyes, ears and nose injuries, fracture management, muscles and joint injuries
• Head and spinal injuries
• How to recognise to deal with shock, anaphylactic shock and electric shock
• Burns and scalds
• Heart conditions and stroke
• Understanding and usage of an Automated External Deﬁbrillator (AED)
• Written and practical assessments.
Anyone wishing to become a competent ﬁrst aider in the workplace.